Saturday, August 6, 2011

Make your own natural tooth powder

Want to save money? Well one way it to start cutting costs at home. Most people spend so much on cleaning products and personal care products. I now make my own household cleaning products, tooth powder, and laundry booster. I have even made my own detergent. It's simple and cost effective.

Here is the remedy for my tooth-powder:

4 oz glass, plastic, or metal container with lid
Baking Soda
Himalayan Crystal Salt-Half Tbsp
Xylitol 1 Tbsp
Peppermint Oil-3-5 drops. It is strong so you may want to start with less then add more.

Directions:

Mix the Himalayan Crystal Salt, Xylitol, and Peppermint oil and shake well to ensure that all of the ingredients are mixed. Add the Baking Soda (I suggest using one without aluminum). Add enough to fill at least 3/4 of the container. Shake well and store. Viola! Your own tooth powder and enough to last a least a month depending on the size of your family and how often you brush.

No comments: