Saturday, August 6, 2011

Make your own dry deoderant

I have been using natural deodorants for about two years now and I have tried so many brands. All have worked great for the first few days but wore off. After searching and trying to find something that works for me I came across this one remedy that works wonderfully.

Remedy:

Measure one part cornstarch to 6 parts baking soda. For instance I used 1 half tbsp of cornstarch and added 6 tbsp of baking soda to a glass container. I also added a few drops of essential oil.

I have used baking soda in the past. I discovered later that the brand I was using contains aluminum and it irritated my skin. This time around I am using baking soda without aluminum, which by the way is better for you considering that aluminum is toxic to the body and when applied to the skin is absorbed into your blood, and certified organic cornstarch. It works great!

I found the recipe here.  
Another good recipe.

No comments: